USEFIL main motivation: support independent living of the elderly citizens as long as possible in their home by designing, developing and deploying widely adopted systems.
Ease of use :
· Develop a simplified approach using ease of use unobtrusive low cost ICT solutions.
· Provide services more adaptable to individual needs and preferences (personalization)
· Promote practicality developing systems and services that their installation will not require retrofitting of the residence of the elderly people , no new skills.
Usefulness (for end users and main stakeholders):
· Support the elderly in maintaining their social activities
· Support Mobility
· Provide a new health care paradigm redefining the way of treating elderly people and managing health care services
· Promote cost and time effective health care solutions for end users and carers:
• Low cost off the self systems,
• open source platforms,
• facilitate worldwide developers to generate applications for the ageing population reducing the cost the Governments have to spend for generating ICT services for the ageing community